Professional Development Series Topic 2: Project Management
As part of BSB’s vision to ‘influence business success in the South Bank precinct’, BSB has developed a series of professional development workshops which will held during the year.
The second Professional Development topic is Project Management and will be presented by Anthony Wall, Southbank Institute of Technology’s guest lecturer and project management expert.
The discussion will include:
- Fundamentals of project management,
- Common pitfalls of project management,
- Top 10 tips for project management.
Economic Profile Report
Business South Bank's 2014 Economic Profile Update Report details a number of key economic findings in the South Bank precinct.
The report covers the employment profile, industry and turnover, as well as non-residential building activity in the area.
Some key findings include:
- The number of persons employed in the BSB region increased by 86% between 2001 and 2011. This was considerably faster than Brisbane City (27%) and State (34%) economies.
- As at 30th June 2012, turnover per business in the BSB area was substantially larger than Brisbane City and the State averages - $3.05m/business compared with $1.14m/business and $1.08m/business respectively.
Thanks to everyone who took part in the ADVANTAGE 5 Days of Giveaway.
Don't forget to use your Advantage Card at participating members.
Click here to view the offers.
If you are a current member and would like to request the Advantage Cards, contact the BSB office on firstname.lastname@example.org