G20 Security Information Session
Business South Bank has organised for Senior Sergeant Scott Harris of the Queensland Police Service to provide members with G20 security information and advice.
The session will cover:
1. Business continuity planning during G20
2. Emergency evacuation
3. Active shooter
4. Bomb Hoax
5. Risk profiling - where does you company fall
6. Access to buildings/offices
7. Identification 8. Security of staff
Time | 2 - 3 pm
Date | Thursday 1 May 2014
Where | Auditorium
70 Merivale Street, South Bank
Please RSVP by Thursday 24 April
Economic Profile Report
Business South Bank's 2014 Economic Profile Update Report details a number of key economic findings in the South Bank precinct.
The report covers the employment profile, industry and turnover, as well as non-residential building activity in the area.
Some key findings include:
- The number of persons employed in the BSB region increased by 86% between 2001 and 2011. This was considerably faster than Brisbane City (27%) and State (34%) economies.
- As at 30th June 2012, turnover per business in the BSB area was substantially larger than Brisbane City and the State averages - $3.05m/business compared with $1.14m/business and $1.08m/business respectively.
Bus and Train Project
The Bus and Train (BaT) project, a proposed new 5km north-south tunnel that will deliver rail and bus together in a world-class design, is now within its second phase of realisation.
Running from Dutton Park to Victoria Park, the tunnel will pass beneath the Brisbane River, with new underground stations at Woolloongabba, George Street and Roma Street.
To read BSB's submission to the State Government and Brisbane City Council regarding the BaT project, click here.